Upcoming Schedule for Surgical Grand Rounds
Unless otherwise noted, Surgical Grand Rounds are open to all and held on Thursday mornings, 7:00AM-8:00AM, in the Emory University Hospital Auditorium, 1364 Clifton Rd., Atlanta, GA 30322, 2nd Floor, E-Wing, Room E205.
Grand Rounds can also be viewed remotely at: Grady Memorial Hospital, Sherman Conference Room, 3rd floor, Glenn Building; Emory Johns Creek Hospital, Administrative Conference Room; Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital, Education Center, Classroom 4; and Emory University Hospital Midtown, Davis Fischer Building, Classroom 3.
CME credits are given for documented attendance. For more information, contact the CME Office of the School of Medicine at 404.727.5695.
March 28, 2019 | ADD TO CALENDAR
Surgery and Global Health in an Academic Surgery Program
Presented by Sherry M. Wren MD
– Professor of Surgery, Stanford Medicine
– Vice Chair of Professional Development & Diversity, Department of Surgery, Stanford Medicine
– Director of Global Surgery, Stanford Center for Innovation in Global Health
– Director of Clinical Surgery, Palo Alto Veterans Health Care System
April 4, 2019 | ADD TO CALENDAR
Controversies in Antireflux Procedures in Children: Time to Wrap it up
Presented by Heather Short, MD
– Chief Resident, Department of Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine
April 11, 2019 | ADD TO CALENDAR
GRAND ROUNDS CANCELED
EUH Perioperative Services Performance Day
A quarterly review of perioperative services performance among anesthesia, surgery, and operating room staff of Emory University Hospital.
April 18, 2019 | ADD TO CALENDAR
12th Annual Ira Ferguson Lectureship
Would I Trust You to be My Surgeon?
Presented by Rebecca M. Minter, MD
– A.R. Curreri Distinguished Chair, Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
April 25, 2019 | ADD TO CALENDAR
18th Annual William C. Wood Research Symposium
A Critical Protein Kinase Controls Inflammation, Wound Healing, and Cancer at Sites of Tissue Injury
Presented by Michael B. Yaffe, MD, PhD
– David H. Koch Professor of Science and Professor of Biology and Biological Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
– Scientific Director, MIT Center for Precision Cancer Medicine
– Attending Trauma Surgeon, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
– Colonel, U.S. Army Reserve Medical Corps