Unless otherwise noted, Surgical Grand Rounds are open to all and held on Thursday mornings, 7:00AM-8:00AM, in the Emory University Hospital Auditorium.
Grand Rounds can also be viewed remotely at: Grady Memorial Hospital, Sherman Conference Room, 3rd floor, Glenn Building; Emory Johns Creek Hospital, Administrative Conference Room; Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital, Education Center, Classroom 4; and Emory University Hospital Midtown, 5th floor MOT Classroom 4.
CME credits are given for documented attendance. For more information, contact the CME Office of the School of Medicine at 404.727.5695.
July 28, 2016
Surgical Grand Rounds Canceled
EUH Perioperative Services Performance Day: A quarterly review of perioperative services performance among anesthesia, surgery, and OR staff of Emory University Hospital.
August 4, 2016
Advancing Surgical Patient Safety Through High Fidelity Simulation
Presented by Sharon Muret-Wagstaff, PhD, MPA
– Associate Professor of Surgery, Thalia and Michael Carlos and Alfred A. Davis Center for Surgical Anatomy and Technique (CSAT), Department of Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine
August 11, 2016
Resection Margins and Blood Transfusions: Operative Controversies in GI and HPB Malignancy
Presented by Hart Squires, MD
– Chief Resident, Department of Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine
August 18, 2016
Pulling off the Blindfold on Unconscious Bias
Presented by Carolyn C. Meltzer, MD
– William Patterson Timmie Professor and Chair, Department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine
– Associate Dean for Research, Emory University School of Medicine
August 25, 2016
40th Annual J.D. Martin Visiting Professorship
Conscious Leadership: Lessons Learned While Building a Medical School
Presented by Spence M. Taylor, MD
– Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Diversity, University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville
– Vice President of Physician Engagement, Chief Academic Officer, President: GHS Clinical University, Greenville, SC