David Elwood, MD
After completing his undergraduate degree at Yale University, Dr. Elwood served in the Peace Corps as a secondary school science teacher trainer in the Republic of Togo, West Africa. He received his medical degree from the University of Connecticut School of Medicine, where he also completed a fellowship in anatomic pathology. He went on to complete both his general surgery residency and his fellowship in hepatobiliary surgery and liver transplantation at the Lahey Clinic Medical Center in Burlington, MA.
General Surgery Residency Applications
ERAS applications to the Emory University General Surgery Training Program are accepted through November 1, 2017.
Complete applications must contain the following:
- ERAS common application form
- A personal statement
- A medical school transcript
- A USMLE or COMLEX transcript
- Three letters of recommendation
Click here to learn more about the residency application and requirements.
Top Surgery News
Michael Halkos Appointed New Chief of Cardiothoracic Surgery
Also In The News:
- Shipra Arya is Local PI of Study to Empower Veterans' Decision Making for Treatment of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms
- CORE Simulation Program Meets Operating Room Infrastructure Training Need
- I. Raul Badell Will Use NIH K08 to Study Mechanisms of DSA Formation Following Kidney Transplantation
- Study Describes Link to More Deaths for Vulnerable Patients Under UNOS Proposals for Broader Liver Sharing
Surgery Grand Rounds
Emory Surgery Annual Reports
Peruse yearly compendiums of the Emory Department of Surgery's high points, achievements, and milestones. Go here to download PDFs of our Annual Reports.